Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Hands: Them's broken!

Well they aren't...I just heard a song, called My Hands be Leona Lewis. Reason I heard it? It's apparently the theme for the english version of FF13. Haven't heard it in-game yet. But I probably will eventually. I'm almost at the end of the 2nd Disc. Which is depressing and exciting. I just don't want to finish. Although, with this boss battle. *Balthanders* I'm probably NOT going to be finished anytime soon.

Anyway, the point of this post today is to highlight, both Youtube/Forum Trolls and Fanboys.

I'll address the Trolls to begin with. I was looking for the song for fun. And I was listening to it. I found it nice, I'd have to hear it in the game to make a judgement on whether it suits or not.

What grated against me, incredibly so, was this commentor. I won't mention names, but he seemed to hate the song, and therefore HATE the game. I mean, I've seen douchey people on the net before and I don't really think much of it. But this struck me as odd, so among his comments, were calling the series of FF, a Sinking Ship. And that the vacating of Nobuo Uematsu killed the series. I get the idea of a composer, creating the music for series throughout its evolution leaving is a big deal.

But does that mean the game/series will surely die out because of it? I don't think so. I mean, what if the man had passed away? They will always have to change composers, whether or not someone leaves, or passses away. You can't expect something to stay the same forever. Especially in the gaming world.

Second, the guy on youtube, hasn't touched the new game. Instead, personally boycotting it because it lacks, the classic themes of N.U, and a huge free-sandbox type world.

I admit, I was a bit wary of a supposedly linear game. After playing it for over 20 hours, I can attest personally to the immersive story that pushes you along at such speed that you don't even realise/notice the linear nature of the game. And by the time your 25-30 hours in, you're released into a world grander and more open than anything I've ever seen.

Reviews for the game have been 8/10 or higher from almost every source I've seen.

He then compares the new game, to FFX-2, calling it girly and immature. I mean...what the HELL! He stated he hadn't played the game, then compares it to something? Isn't that a bit...I dunno...stupid? This guy needs a collective facepalm from the entire FF community.

For the record, I've never played a game, with such an in-depth, addictive, mature storyline. FFX-2-like? That's like comparing a 3-year olds painting with a Monet.... Honestly... Some people really tick me off...

I just wish people would give things a go before making an assessment. It's like guessing at an answer to a math problem without any basis for your answer.

Tch...Douchebags....

Anyway, my little angry vent is over for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment